Sunday, July 15, 2018

First Day of the 2018 Cup

Hey all - did anyone see it?  I just caught the highlights (gave my last final yesterday).  Russia is the lowest-ranked team in FIFA right now - 1 draw and 5 losses in the pre-Cup run-off - but they beat the Saudis 5 to nothing.

It seems like at least one of those goals - maybe two - was really the goalie's fault.  I'm not accusing them of throwing the game, just having a sucky goalie.

The game I'm REALLY excited for is tomorrow, 11am my time, between Spain and Portugal.  I mean, three hours before that is the game between Morocco and Iran - Iran is super-strong and there've been accusations of witchcraft (!!) against Morocco so that's weird, but Spain and Portugal have some awesome teams.

Too soon to tell yet who I think will take it - Germany and Brazil are always contenders (Brazil isn't looking like they did 20 years ago, but they're still fun to watch) - and we'll see what happens between the Iberians tomorrow.

Exciting!  Does anyone else care about World Cup?

  -Dave

Mark said: I don't, but I'm ok with people that are.

Rob said: Ya I’m down for some world cup. If I had any friends or time I might go to a bar and watch a game.

Mark said: See, I don't feel threatened because you guys are into that. It's cool.

Mark said: Ed said he was curious about the world cup. You guys should take him to one of those bars.

Steve said: We are your friends Rob.

Steve said: Except Ed... he told me he hates everything you represent.

Mark said: No. Ed said he just hates the way Rob is all like "I'm Rob, la la la..."

Direct quote.


Steve said: I do love the World Cup. But really I just like to watch soccer.  I don't follow which teams are good or not... and don't have time to keep up with all of the games... but it's fun to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment