Sunday, July 15, 2018

Predictions for Round of 16

Hey all,

Trouble sleeping last night - weird dreams and this cold made me toss and turn.  Not the dark like last week, just.... weird.  Recursive.  Like walking down a corridor and looking at my phone to see a video of me walking down a corridor kind of stuff.

Anyway.  Who cares, right?  We're here for the football!

So here's the 8 matchups that happen over the next four days.  I'll put asterisks** next to my picks for the winners.

France** - Argentina
Uruguay - Portugal**

Spain** - Russia
Croatia** - Denmark (this was a tough one!)

Brazil** - Mexico
Belgium** - Japan

Sweden - Switzerland (too close to call)
Colombia  - England**

Of course weird things happen in the Cup so it's still anyone's tournament!  I'm pretty confident that Japan and Russia will not advance, less so about Argentina, Mexico, and Columbia, and the other two matches are really too close to call.

  -Dave

Rob said: I’m banking on Uruguay for personal reasons. But I think the final match will be England-Russia.

Ed said: Dave you don't think Messi is going to show up for Argentina against France? Rob I'll pull for Uruguay against Portugal if you pull for Mexico against Brazil.

Dave said: Ed - I've been waiting for Messi to show up at all this Cup - he's either had off days, or his team isn't giving him the support he needs.  I had Argentina in the final four, originally, but not after what we've seen so far.

I always pull for Brazil for personal reasons - but I doubt they'll take it this year.  England, Belgium, and the Iberians have all looked awesome so far.

If Russia makes it to the final four I think that'll be clear evidence of FIFA corruption.  Which, I mean, there's already clear evidence of that, you know?

Rob said: You got my vote for Mexico. But if Dave’s reporting is accurate, it ain’t gonna matter, the Russian warlocks will conspire to have Brexiters show well before losing horribly, stress on horror, to Russia.

Ed said: This France Argentina game is off the chain

No comments:

Post a Comment